Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Astrology: a guilty pleasure

OK. I admit it. I've been known to check out my horoscope every now and then. I'm a by-the-book Pisces woman. When the news is good, I smile and when it's not, I forget about it and move on.

Let me say right here that I am a Christian and I do not consider astrology to be a religion. I think of it like a science. To me it's not that much different from predicting weather patterns in the Farmer's Almanac. I don't pretend to understand either, and I don't really care. Sometimes I just think it's a fun diversion.

Since I have some free time on my hands now, I decided to do some long-overdue filing this morning. I found a detailed horoscope for people born on my birthday, March 3rd, that I printed out on March 3, 2007. The horoscope was a forecast from March 2007 to March 2008. For something that I don't put a lot of serious stock into, in retrospect, it was amazingly accurate.

The year promises to be a busy period in your life when you might make dramatic changes to your nutrition or health regime.
I finally found the right health care team who collectively got a handle on my sleep apnea, insomnia and depression. I've changed my diet, gotten on the right meds at the right dose, and I'm feeling great.

Keeping "on top" of things in terms of staying organized is likely to be a focus, although you may not always succeed at doing so!
One of the best things I did during this period was hire a team of personal organizers to re-organize my home office. The results were so profound that I did the rest of my house utilizing the techniques I learned. As my horoscope suggested, my compliance rate in keeping everything in order hasn't always been 100% since then, but I have met my "15 minute" rule, meaning my home is always no more than 15 minutes away from being ready for unexpected visitors.

A healthy dose of introspection is encouraged.
I think this blog speaks is the best evidence that this was true. I started it at the end of March 2007.

This is an ideal year in which to do editing or research of any kind, and to put finishing touches on projects you may have initiated last year.
My book is finally finished and is going off to the printer this week! I feel like I'm in the final stages of a very long pregnancy.

Past errors may come to light... You're taking on a whole new perspective with regards to your life.
Again, that's what this blog is about.

This period in your life is the culmination of a stage of personal growth and development. Events at this time may bring to a head various developments in your emotional, psychological, or spiritual life over the past several years.
This is the most stunningly accurate assessment of the entire horoscope. Everyone who's known me for years knows this to be 100% true. Some have gone so far as to say that I've ended my season of trials and have entered a season of abundance. And for that, I sincerely and humbling thank God.

It's easier than ever to express your unique individuality, and if this involves changing careers or jobs, a new love affair, or an entirely new hobby, it's something that takes you forward into unexplored territory.
I did make a major job change in May. Because of that job, even though it was short-lived, I was blessed to meet some wonerful people and some great professional connections. Also because of that job, I am now in a wonderful new relationship with an amazing man. And, I've developed an interest in an entirely new hobby - photography

Your personality is sparkling this year, which is sure to attract new circumstances and people into your life.
It already has. :)

You might fight that you become more goal-oriented, as superficial goals no longer satisfy you. You want your life path and your objectives to reflect what you're really about, and your likely to rid yourself of unsatisfying goals this year.
Absolutely true. I wrote about this recently here.

You are inclined to do a lot of "digging", researching, analyzing, investigating, and getting to the bottom of things. Increased psychological awareness of yourself and others can benefit you greatly, and employing strategy in your decision-making is easier than usual this year.
Again I point to this blog.

You'll have a chance to heal old wounds with regards to love. You are especially open to love and romantic feelings and more willing to act upon them.

Amen. :)

So, this astrology thing may be a sham, but I'm not complaining.


2 comments:

sbwrites said...

I have nothing against astrology and yours was so much fun to read and compare to what happened in your life. However...you do realize that now you have something in common in Nancy Regan, if you didn't before. It was a little offputting when she went to an astrologer to help President Regan determine governmental policy! LOL

Anonymous said...

I was trained in science and own a ph.d in social sciences. Astrology made me laugh for several years, until I paid attention to it. I will quote a famous French astrolist to summarize my opinion of it: you do not believe or not in astrology, you experience it. If you are interested in the topic, I strongly suggest www.astro.com. It is the most serious resource online.

Did you know the proportion of bipolar people born during spring is higher than in the general population? It means there are more Pisces and Aries among bipolar people, two signs with a predisposition for strong emotions (I am aries and bipolar by the way).