I promised myself that this year I was going to keep my Gratitude Journal updated. I know, it's the same thing I promised myself last year too, but this year I'm really trying to do it. To hold myself accountable, I decided to post a short-list of blessings at the end of each month that demonstrate that I am indeed living a life of what I call "creative abundance. " I'm a bit late with January's list, but here it is:
- Had the best New Year's Eve ever (honestly). When the ball dropped, I was in the middle of my living room dancing cheek-to-cheek with my new guy. I couldn't have been happier and it didn't cost us a dime!
- Saved hundreds of dollars by visiting a new eye doctor who prescribed a less expensive type of contact lenses that are also extended-wear, thereby saving me lots on the lenses themselves, not having to replace them as frequently, needing less saline and cleaning solutions, and perhaps most importantly, not having to buy a new pair of prescription glasses for back-up.
- Got great tickets (3rd row center) to an awesome Valentine's Day concert at a substantial discount through work. I got a similar deal on tickets to take my dad to see his favorite artist of all time - B.B. King in May.
- Got lots of yarn donations (as well as new volunteers) for my knitting ministry when I spoke at a women's knitting retreat.
- Filled my 5 Fave's plan with T-mobile, so now I can talk to my favorite people any time, any where, at no additional cost and without having to worry about minutes.
- Found some awesome bargains at the designer consignment shop that I visit on occassion.
- Started making my own sugar scrub for pennies compared to the $19.99 per jar that I used to spend to buy virtually the same thing from Bath & Body Works.
- Received a $25 gift card from CVS for filling a new prescription there. How easy was that?
- Got six week's worth of samples of my new medication for FREE.
Note: Image available at www.bigfoto.com