Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Bucket List

I wrote recently that I was going to post my Bucket List. Now that WillThink4Wine says that I inspired her to post hers, it's only fitting that I should follow through with mine. We've already decided that we must be kindred spirits, but I think that was confirmed today when I saw several items from my mental bucket list that made it onto her posted one.

So here goes...
  1. Fall in love with the man I've waited my entire life to meet and live as close to happily-ever-after as possible.

  2. Vacation at Grace Bay Beach in the Turks and Caicos Islands, exploring the beauty of what has consistently been rated one of the world's most beautiful beaches.

  3. Publish and successfully sell at least 6 books.


  4. Tour the Greek Islands.

  5. Spend an entire night salsa dancing.

  6. Help plan a hugely successful black-tie silent auction for a worthy cause.
  7. Serve on the Board of Directors for a charitable organization.

  8. Make love under the stars on a tropical beach.

  9. Own a home with a water view (debt-free, of course).

  10. Play the piano again, well.

  11. Visit at least 5 of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the United States.

  12. Visit at least 5 of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

  13. Own a piece of silver jewelry designed by John Hardy.

  14. Visit the Grand Canyon.

  15. See a movie being filmed.

  16. Custom design and decorate a home.

  17. Win an award.

  18. Help plan my daughter's wedding.

  19. Witness the birth of my grandchildren.

  20. Find a church and church family that I love and become an active member.

  21. Truly make a difference in someone's life.

  22. Find a job that I love.

  23. Allow people to see the light and the grace of God through me.

  24. Become more confident at public speaking, and perhaps do a series of motivational speaking engagements.

  25. Host a fabulous party for friends.

  26. Visit at least a dozen different islands in the Caribbean.


  27. Have a library in my home filled with books I love.
  28. Host a photography exhibit at a small art gallery.

  29. Go on an Alaskan cruise and wear sweaters that I've knit the entire time.

  30. Drive through Skyline Drive at the height of the fall leaf color season.

  31. Rent a villa in the Caribbean for at least a week.

  32. Save at least 6 months' income in a "rainy day" fund.

  33. Go to an exclusive spa for at least 3 days.

  34. Visit my favorite e-mail pals, regardless of where they live.

  35. Take 3 girlfriends on a cruise - all expenses paid.

  36. Attend a Jonathan Butler concert in South Africa.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, I'm such an underachiever!

I guess #7 is where you plan to wear that perfect little black dress, eh?

Last night I was talking to my Dad about this list, and I told him I forgot to put Greece on the list. Now I am reminded again. :-)

Dad just turned 79 and still has a few things he wants to do. So I'm adding that to my list, too. I want to do whatever I can to enable my parents to live their Bucket List.

Anonymous said...

That Alaskan cruise has always topped my list...even though I lived there when I was a child. A wise choice with Skyline Drive...it is awesome. Now about those beaches, I am ashamed to say that all three are less than two hours from me and I haven't visited a one....I have since written them down and they are now on my list.

Syd said...

Danielle,

Three of the best beaches within a 2-hour drive? I just have one question... when can I come visit you? LOL I know jealousy isn't a good thing, but WOW! :)

sbwrites said...

What a great list! It made me smile!

Amy said...

The bucket list is simply amazing. I live in Antigua and would honestly recommend you to plan a tour to Antigua and may be the list gets shortened because Antigua has everything to offer what a person wishes for. I came here as a traveler and was mesmerized with the beauty of the place and decided to buy a villa which I would say was the turning point in my life. If you want to make most of your wishes come true then do check www.elysiancaribbean.co.uk for sporting icons villas and you will be left with no other option but to buy one.