Monday, November 26, 2007

More on gratitude

I'm encouraged to see that others in the blogosphere are using this time of year to write about gratitude and how it impacts their lives. Today I thought I'd post links to some of the recent posts on gratitude that I found particularly interesting.

Millionaire Mommy Next Door writes that "I've witnessed that by focusing my thoughts on the happy things, rather than those that sadden me or stress me out, I attract more positive circumstances and contentment to my life. This simple act of gratitude literally transforms my experiences."

Andrew reminded me gratitude is about more than feeling grateful when he wrote that "Gratitude, I think, is more than just an expression of thanks - gratitude ought to be expressed in our lives - in the way we speak to, relate to, respond to, etc., our benefactors."

This is something that Susan already knows. She lost her mother a few weeks ago after an extended illness. It's been so inspirational to read not only about how she struggled with the health care system to give her mother the best possible care, and how she tirelessly did all she could to show her mother how much she loved her and was grateful for the live she'd been given up until the very end.

At Zen Habits, there are several reasons why living a life of gratitude can make you happy, as well as a great poem on gratitude.

1 comment:

sbwrites said...

Great post with really good links! It's a pleasure to read other blogs that aren't focused on bipolarity-- but are just positive and upbeat!